- Cork Trivet or cork board, at least ½” thick
- Small pebbles, stones, or mosaic tile
- Spray paint
- Rubber cement
- Make sure your cork is free from dust. Spray paint desired color, making sure to cover the sides. Let dry completely.
- Working in small sections, starting at the outside edges and working towards the middle, place a thick layer of rubber cement on the cork and begin placing your stones. Use the larger stones first, leaving the smaller stones to fill in the “gaps”. (If using pebbles from the dollar store, make sure to use only the ones that will lay flat on your cork.)
- Allow to dry completely. This usually takes several hours. Store flat.