- Concrete mix (quick set recommended)
- Chafing dish fuel/tea light candles
- Bowls: one for mixing concrete, one mold for fire bowl
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Stick for mixing concrete
- Stones/tiles for decorating top of fire bowl
- Can to make indentation for your chafing dish fuel or candle. Make sure it is ½” to 1” bigger in diameter than whatever you plan on using in your fire bowl
- Mix concrete and water in your mixing bowl. You can alternate adding the concrete mix and water to make sure you have a nice, wet mixture.
- Spray the bowl you are going to use as a mold with the cooking spray, and pour in your mixed concrete, making sure to leave a few inches above the concrete in the bowl.
- Spray your can with cooking spray, and center and press in your canned item to create the hole for your fuel to your desired depth.
- Smooth the top of the concrete, vibrating/shaking the bowl will help the stones in the concrete mix settle.
- Arrange your stones/tile around the top of your fire bowl, making sure to press them into the concrete enough that the concrete will dry with a firm hold on them.
- After allowing to dry for a few hours, carefully remove the can from the concrete (twisting slowly can help as you pull it out). The concrete will still be wet.
- Allow to dry at least overnight. After the concrete has hardened and dried fully, carefully turn the bowl over and tap gently until the fire bowl releases from the mold.
- Turn right side up, insert your candle or chafing dish fuel, light, and enjoy!